Protecting Your Privacy!
While Dinner at Eight makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that each member’s personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date this information is only as accurate as the information a member provides to us. We impress upon each member the importance of keeping us informed of any changes to their personal information so that our records are up-to-date.
As part of their conditions of employment all Dinner at Eight staff must sign confidentiality agreements that prevent them from divulging member’s personal information to any third parties or contacting member’s outside the day-to-day running of the business.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning privacy and the protection of your personal information.
Introduction Agents Act (1997)
Since 1997 Dinner at Eight, pursuant to Section 83 of the Equal Opportunity Act (1995) has received certain exemptions from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
These exemptions are necessary to ensure that we can maintain balanced numbers within the sexes and age groups and attract the right type of members.
The exemptions enable Dinner at Eight to:
- refuse to provide its services to a person who is married and not separated from their spouse;
- obtain information from clients and potential clients of its service for the purpose of matching those clients, including information about the attributes (within the meaning of the Act) of those clients and potential clients;
- advise potential clients that, because of their attributes and the attributes preferred by the clients of the service, it will be difficult to find a match for them, where this advice is based on the information of the service;
- to charge no membership fee or a discounted membership fee for prospective clients of a particular sex or age group;
- to advertise for potential clients from a particular sex or age group;
- to state in advertisements for potential clients that an application from a person who is married and not separated from their spouse will not be accepted.